Tektronix S-1 Sampling Head

Tektronix Catalog CostLow BidHigh Bidaverage
$275 (1969)
$375 (1973)
$600 (1977)
$1090 (1982)
$1285 (1985)
$1695 (1989)
...
$20.25 (+$8 ship) 5/3/06 #7614039175 nouturnhete (3 bids $5 start) (untested)
$94.00 7/8/07 #150137124831 justinb1432 (25 bids $25 start) (untested)
$9.99 (+~$11 ship) 8/21/07 #270155331760 cieinternational (1 bid) (untested)

  • Bandwidth : 1 GHz
  • Risetime 350 ps
  • 50 ohms Input Impedance
  • .

    The S-1 Sampling Head is a low-noise, 350-ps risetime unit with a 50-Ω input impedance. It is designed for use with the 3S2, 3S5 and 3S6 Dual-Trace Sampling Units, 7S11 Sampling Unit, and 7S12 TDR Unit. The S-1 can be plugged in or attached by a cable for remote use. A trigger pickoff within the S-1 provides a trigger signal output from the plug-in unit.

    RISETIME
    350 ps or less.

    BANDWIDTH
    Equivalent to DC to 1 GHz at 3-dB down.

    TRANSIENT RESPONSE
    Aberrations as observed with the 284 Pulse Generator are +0.5%, -3% or less, total of 3.5% or less P-P, first 5 ns following the step transition; +0.5%, -5% or less, total of 1% or less P-P after 5 ns.

    DISPLAYED NOISE
    2 mV or less, unsmoothed; 1 mV, smoothed.

    SIGNAL RANGE
    Variable DC offset allows signals between +1 V and -1V limits to be displayed at 2 mV/div. Signals between +2 V and -2 V limits may be displayed at 200 mV/div. For best dot response with random-sampling sweep unit, signal amplitude should be less than 500 mV P-P.

    INPUT CHARACTERISTICS
    Nominally 50Ω. Safe overload is ™5V. GR874® input connectors.

    WEIGHTS
    Net weight
    @ 1 lb  @ 0.2 kg
    Domestic shipping weight  
    @ 2 lb@ 0.9 kg

    INCLUDED ACCESSORIES
    5-ns, 50-Ω RG58 A/U cable (017-0512-00); 10X, 50-Ω GR attenuator (017-0078-00)

    above excerpt from 1973 Tektronix Products Catalog