Tektronix S-2 Sampling Head

Back to Tek 7000 Series Summary Page
Tektronix Catalog CostLow BidHigh Bidaverage
$325 (1969)
$430 (1973)
$700 (1977)
$1280 (1982)
$1505 (1985)
$1695 (1989)
...
$27.00 12/31/02 #3102791544 lyntec (2 bids)
$20.00 1/21/03 #3107095715 qazxcdew (w/GR & N adapters) (5 bids $10 start)
$36.00 7/21/04 #3828573227 hangar18surplus (6 bids $15 start) (untested)
No Bids (asked $65 + $12 ship from Greece) 11/6/10 #140472048968 (untested)

  • Bandwidth : 4.6 GHz
  • Risetime 75 ps
  • 50 ohms Input Impedance
  • .

    The S-2 Sampling Head is a 75-ps risetime unit with a 50-Ω input impedance. It is designed for use with the 3S2, 3S5 and 3S6 Dual-Trace Sampling Units, 7S11 Sampling Unit, and 7S12 TDR Unit. The S-2 can be plugged in or attached by a cable for remote use. A trigger pickoff within the S-2 provides a trigger signal output from the plug-in unit.

    RISETIME
    75 ps or less.

    BANDWIDTH
    Equivalent to DC to 4.6 GHz at 3-dB down.

    TRANSIENT RESPONSE
    Aberrations as observed with the 284 Pulse Generator are +5%, -5% or less, total of 10% or less P-P, first 2.5 ns following the step transition; +2%, -2% or less, total of 4% or less P-P after 2.5 ns.

    DISPLAYED NOISE
    6 mV or less, unsmoothed; 3 mV, smoothed.

    SIGNAL RANGE
    Variable DC offset allows signals between +1 V and -1V limits to be displayed at 2 mV/div. Signals between +2 V and -2 V limits may be displayed at 200 mV/div. For best dot response with random-sampling sweep unit, signal amplitude should be less than 200 mV P-P.

    INPUT CHARACTERISTICS
    Nominally 50Ω. Safe overload is ™5V. GR874® input connectors.

    WEIGHTS
    Net weight
    @ 1 lb  @ 0.2 kg
    Domestic shipping weight  
    @ 2 lb@ 0.9 kg

    INCLUDED ACCESSORIES
    5-ns, 50-Ω RG58 A/U cable (017-0512-00); 10X, 50-Ω GR attenuator (017-0078-00)

    above excerpt from 1973 Tektronix Products Catalog